- Sign in to studio.imvidu.com
- The Library page contains all your projects and media files
- Upload a video or select an existing video from your projects
- To upload a new video, drag & drop into the studio
- If it’s an existing video, select the video to start editing it – it will start a new project
- Click on ‘Generate Transcript’
- Depending on the length of your video, this can take from a few seconds to several minutes (generally takes roughly a quarter of the time of the video length, but can depend on the quality of the video also)
If your video is 15 minutes long, transcription will generally take between 3 – 5 minutes
If your video is 1 hour long, auto transcription will take between 10-20 minutes
For optimal results:
- Make sure there is speech (talking, dialogue) in your video
- Make sure the audio quality is decent. Background noise, poor/low volume and low quality audio will have low accuracy rates.
- You can edit the text and spelling once the transcript is generated.
What to do with the transcription:
> Cut your video (jump cuts and trims) using text
> Export the transcription as text (you can download it as SRT file or TXT file without time stamps)
New to Imvidu and auto-transcribing your videos? Make sure you can read more about transcribing videos into text.