Adding text to a video can be a tedious and expensive task.
Still, suppose you are a Windows user, you may be unaware that there is a built-in free video editing app within the operating system for someone like you seeking a quick and basic editing task such as adding text to video.
Well, you are in the right place! In this article, you’ll learn how to add text to video on Windows Video Editor.
You’ll also learn a little about the Windows Video Editor app and what else you can do with it besides adding text to videos.
What is Windows Video Editor
Windows Video Editor is an integrated and free video editing software available in Windows 10.
It is designed to be easy to use and has features specifically for beginners.
You can do basic editing such as add text, trim, split, combine different clips, add filters, and make basic animations to the parts of the video.
But just a heads up, for those people who are looking for advanced features, this is not for you.
It may not have the blur effect, keyframe animations, colour grading or even motion graphic templates; this Windows Video Editing Software does well.
It is ideal for people who are always on the go and need to do quick edits, such as adding text to their videos for vlogs, social media posts, or personal usage.
The app is built to be as user-friendly as possible so that anyone can create stunning videos quickly.
But if you are looking for a cloud-based video editing software to add text, check Imvidu!
Where you can edit video fast by using text.
Add Text To videos In a Click with Imvidu.
Free to get started. View plans
How To Add Text To Windows Video Editor
1. Open Windows Video Editor
Using Windows 10, type “video editor” into the search bar. Or you can go to the Start Menu and look for the Video Editor, then click the icon to run the software.
2. Start editing by clicking the “New video project.”
After starting a new project, you will be prompted to name your video.
It is optional, so you can skip it if you want.
Then on the left side of your screen, click the show arrow icon to open your project library.
3. Then click the “+/Add” button to import your video
After clicking the button, you can choose from the 3 options how you want to import your videos.
- my PC – you can easily add videos from your computer’s drive.
- From my collection – these are videos that you have previously edited from the software.
- The web – you can import the video anywhere from the internet.
4. Drag your video from the project library panel to the storyboard panel
In this case, you’ve created a new timeline for your video and can begin editing it at any time.
You can also see the editing menus right above the timeline like trim, split, and more.
5. Click the “Text” on the storyboard panel to open your text panel
Your text panel will appear on the right side of your screen.
You can begin adding and editing text by typing in the words you want to appear on the text box selecting your animated text style and layout. Then, click done.
- Use the buttons on the seek bar to choose how long the text will appear in the video.
- If you want multiple texts, you need to split your video before adding a new text to your clip.
- You can include a title card at the beginning, end, or even in between your clips in your video.
6. Lastly, you can export your video by clicking “Finish Video” on the upper right hand of your screen
Then you can select the video quality you want to export.
- High – 1080p (recommended)
- Medium – 720p
- Low – 540 (smallest file size)
Pros of using Windows Video Editor to add text to video
The added text features are pretty enough for basic editing needs; you can still produce spectacular videos with simple features.
Text motions and animated text styles are default templates that you can select and click.
They are all decent text features.
So, if you are in a hurry or want to make a quick social media post from your most recent video, Windows Video Editor can help you make it look better quickly.
Cons of using Windows Video Editor to add text to video
Everything is limited with the software:
- You cannot freely move the text on the video to any part of the screen.
- There are only 18 text styles that you can choose from.
- Only 6 available text layouts.
- You can’t change the font size and color.
Is there a watermark when we export the video?
There is no watermark at all, and the good news is that Microsoft has granted us the right to own our video.
What types of text motion effects can we create?
Ten text motion effects are incorporated into Windows Video Editor; they range from zooming in the center to zooming out the left and from panning to the right to tilting up and down.
They may appear simple, yet they are all you need to produce fantastic videos.
Can I use my font?
Sorry, but you will not import any fonts into the software; there are available default styles, but they are limited.